My client are looking to recruit a Head of Transport & Distribution to join there leading warehousing, logistics and transport business. The person appointed will report directly to the CEO and Board of Directors.
The purpose of the role will be to lead in the delivery of Transport and Distribution objectives with a particular focus on continuing to develop the domestic and international network. This position is pivotal to the growth of the Department and requires a candidate who is both strategic as well as tactical
· Based in Dublin this will be a very mobile role requiring frequent travel to customers, distribution centres and supplier locations across Ireland, U.K and Europe.
· Managing the direction, coordination and execution of the transportation network within the organisation and assume full P & L responsibility, following training.
· Managing a budget in excess of €20m.
· Oversee the acquisition of transportation providers to develop a broader network.
· Manage the departmental sub-function (Galway and Dublin) within the broader function.
· Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
· Liaising with staff to ensure schedules and routes are efficient and cost effective and ensures alignment between third party partners and distribution centers to fulfill customer needs.
· Ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
· Working closely with customers to draft and agree service level agreements
· Carry out annual due diligence audit and supplier score carding and quarterly service reviews.
· Analyse spend, addressing exceptions to standard costs by working with each depot to rectify.
· Lead projects within wider organisation as required.