My clinet is a leading distribution company and is now in a position to recruit a Senior Transport Planner.
· Be conversant with operation of TMS software; Advanced Excel and Outlook
· Have a very strong geographical knowledge of the country, particularly Dublin.
· Be ambitious to succeed in a fast moving and ever-changing environment
· Be flexible with working time, including weekend and unsociable hours
· Be skilled in external and internal relationship building
· Be capable of interaction with the customer service team
· Be a strong communicator with drivers and sub-contracted drivers
· Be confident when dealing with challenges involving driver/customer issues
· Have a clear understanding RSA requirements including tachograph rules and driving hours.
· Have a keen awareness of modern fresh produce supply chain and delivery model.
· Have the ability to work both within a team environment and independently
· Be Target driven
· Developing routes in order to produce optimum delivery times and return cost savings
· Daily route planning adjustments nationwide for groupage deliveries.
· Customer relationship building- including daily communication with customer service
· Commercial awareness across all aspects of the category – including sourcing carriers, optimising routes, vehicle unitization.
· Overseeing vehicle loading to ensure high quality standards are maintained.
· Communicate to the Quality team on quality issues that arise at store level
· Plan driver hours in accordance with the Working Time Directive
· Ensure all vehicles and documentation are RSA compliant
· Administration relating to routing.